Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Dodgers are must-see tv

Two-hundred dollars.

Some would say that's a bit much to watch the Dodgers play on television.Of course, if you live in Los Angeles it doesn't matter.

Seventy percent of Los Angelenos can't get the team on local cable or satellite because of the ongoing dispute with Time Warner Cable and other carriers.

But living here in Carson City, Nevada, I can get the Dodgers on MLB Extra Innings for $200 for the whole season.

That comes to about a buck and a quarter per game.

I don't drink coffee but I'm guessing you can't get a cup of coffee for $1.25, unless you go to McDonalds.

So when the Dodgers spotted Seattle 4-0 and 3-0 leads on long balls the past two nights and then stormed back for 6-5 wins in the bottom of the tenth and ninth innings, I was there, nestled on the recliner.

And on those nights when I can't watch live, I record the game and do a speed watch on fast forward. You can speed watch a game in 30 minutes and never miss a big play.

To my boyhood friends from Bell Gardens who post pictures from Chavez Ravine, I salute you and wish I was in the seat next to you.

But here in Carson City, at the foot of the Sierras and down the mountain from shining Lake Tahoe, Dodger fever runs high.

No comments:

Post a Comment