Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Pantone 294 is spreading the Blue

I first noticed them last year in Yankee Stadium, a rabid group of Dodgers' fans had taken over a section along the left field line, waving a giant Dodgers' banner and actually drowning out the home crowd.

Last weekend I saw them in Miami, a sea of Dodger Blue in Marlins Park, hoisting the giant flag and rocking that stadium.


I was a little curious because their banner included the name Pantone 294. So I looked them up. Pantone 294 is the brainchild of Huntington Park's Alex Soto, who has been organizing Dodgers' road trips since 2009. The travel group takes its name from that particular shade of blue we call Dodger Blue.

The following is growing. They had 1,500 Dodgers' fans in New York last year. They have made trips up and down the coast in California to catch the Giants and Padres. The trav
el group organizes hotels, airfare and field trips in the cities they visit.

“The Dodgers have the most loyal fan base, myself included,” Soto said. “What we have done here as a group is open doors for them to travel safely and securely to away games to support their team. We have offered them a unique and fun experience and a large Dodger family to be part of and build memories with. To be able to show our love and support to our Dodgers at an away game gives new meaning to the full fan experience.”

Pantone 294 hasn't released its 2018 schedule but I think I may want to join the crowd on one of those trips.

The Dodgers are on an amazing 30-4 run right now and have won 10 in a row. Clayton Kershaw tossed seven innings of shutout ball last night in a 1-0 win over the White Sox to improve his record to 15-2.

I don't know how long this roller coaster ride will last but I am enjoying it while I can.






No comments:

Post a Comment