Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Smart phones and the Brotherhood of the Blue

The Dodgers open a critical series with Arizona tonight with Dave Roberts sending Clayton Kershaw to the mound.

The Diamondbacks are 2.5 games behind the Dodgers in the NL West. Arizona can take over first place with a sweep while LA could pad their lead by taking down the snakes.

Living in the Eastern time zone, I usually don't stay up to catch all the games on my MLB package. I usually watch an inning or two then catch up the next morning. MLB archives the games so I check the boxscore and watch those innings where something good happened.

Then there's the Brotherhood of the Blue text messages I get on my iPhone. My brother and three nephews are on a group text. Usually during a game my phone will ping with a message when the Dodgers do something good -- often a home run this season.

Brotherhood of the Blue
Technology has linked us to games being played thousands of miles away. I like the connection. It's reassuring to know that when I am watching a game in Florida my brother and nephews are tracking the same game in Utah.

My older brother is in Los Angeles, but lost his way. He roots for the Cardinals and Angels. He is not part of the Brotherhood of the Blue.

But like a lost prodigal, we would welcome him with open arms. I wonder if he has a smart phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment